Truth

"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust

05 noviembre 2011

Guanajuato....¡Otra Vez!

Tim and I in front of my house
Sometime around 12 years ago, this guy started teaching my Sunday School class and would continue on to be my small group leader through the end of high school. About 5 years ago he told each guy in our small group that if we studied abroad in college he would come visit us wherever we were. This guy obviously takes commitment seriously....great leader, role model, and friend. So Tim showed up at my house a few weeks ago with a rental car and plans to get away for the weekend. I became a tourist just for the weekend as I went on a much needed "vacation."
After Tim met my family and dropped off some goodies sent from the fam back home, we headed out and spent our Friday around Querétaro. I got to be a tour guide and test my own knowledge of the city I have been in for the last 3 months! Saw lots of important places, visited some museums, but most importantly I took him to my favorite places and we indulged in many tasty treats!
















 We hopped in the car in the late afternoon and headed to Guanajuato. I had already been there once, loved it, and was more than excited to return....especially since we were going to be there during Festival Internacional Cervantino! This thing is a big deal! The city was packed and full of life.  Tim found a vacation rental by owner that was a great little place. We enjoyed lounging, relaxing, but also seeing the city. We saw some great musical performances, including a great cuban band on Saturday night, ate lots of good food....and who would have thought that I would sit down and have a margarita with my sunday school teacher from 12 years ago! Salud! The weekend was so fun and relaxing....a great break after a "hard" (quotes because nothing here academically is THAT tough) couple weeks, and an outing before the home stretch.

1 comentario:

  1. Oh my goodness. SO fun. Soooo so cool that he was able to spend that much time with you.

    Love that panorama at the bottom, by the way.

    ResponderBorrar